Nepal Cashmere Products
Our standard Cashmere products are made of 70% Cashmere & 30% finer silk to 80 % Cashmere & 20% Silk, 100% Silk, 100% Cashmere etc. This gives the butteriest soft feel on hand at the same time maintaining the integrity of Cashmere. The higher percentage of Cashmere keeps our material light and truly season-less, something you will shoulder once and again no matter which time of the year !
Taking care of Cashmere
Cashmere products are woven and knitted entirely either by hands or machines, they are extremely delicate and could get spoilt when washing if proper care is not taken. Professional dry cleaning is the best way to clean the products or hand wash in a cold water below 40 degree celsius. However, cleaning them in washing machines can distort the shape and the quality of the products.
Colors and Embroideries
All our products are available in plain Solid and Shaded (Ombre) colors. Our value-added line includes Embroidered, beaded, pearl embroidered and beaded tassels as well as screen and digital print. All the embroideries are done by hand and are very intricate. Since we dye by hand and match to master color samples, dye matches can vary by 5 percent. It is to be understood that there can be some variation on weaving, dyeing or in finishing due the nature of it being hand made. Some pieces can vary even if they belong to the same category.
Directions for hand washing:
- Brush gently to remove excess fiber.
- Hand wash in cold water with mild detergent soap or with low pH hair shampoo.
- Place on a towel and roll up together to squeeze out the water.
- To dry the shawl, place the shawl flat on the ground and let it air-dry. Lightly stretch and level the edges.
- Use a soft brush width-wise to give the shawl a soft and fluffy feel.
- Lightly press with steam iron.